Danford College has the following arrangements in place to keep you safe:
Danford College has a COVID Safe Plan in place and abides by all Victorian Department of Health & Human Services requirements and health directives at all times to ensure the safety of all staff, students and visitors to the College.
The College has strict infection control measures in place and implements effective cleaning and sanitation regimes to minimise the likelihood of cross contamination on all College surfaces, and equipment.
BEFORE COMING TO CAMPUS
- Your Health: Protecting the health of everyone is our priority and so if you are planning to come into the College it is vital that you are well. Please do not come to the College if you are suffering any of the following symptoms: sore throat, cough, temperature, shortness of breath. Please go and get tested and receive a negative COVID test result before you come to the College. For more information on corona virus testing visit: https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au
- Services Victoria App: Ensure that you have the Services Victoria app downloaded on your phone: https://service.vic.gov.au/vacc-cert/addhttps://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/vaxproof#showing-proof-of-vaccination-at-businesses-and-venues
- You must be Fully Vaccinated: You must be double (fully) vaccinated to attend either campus.
ENTERING THE COLLEGE
- Scan QR Code: Please scan the QR code on the ground floor of the building.
- Temperature Checks: It is necessary that we have a record of everyone who enters the College.
- Have your temperature taken automatically at Reception upon entering the College by standing in front of the “QRight” machine.
- Scan the QR Code: Open the Services Victoria App on your phone to scan the QR Code on the “QRight” Machine.
- Present Vaccination Status: You must show proof of your vaccination status to Reception staff prior to going to any classroom.
- Note: If your temperature is 38 C or above you will not be allowed to proceed to the classroom.
ENTERING THE CLASSROOM
- Scan the QR Code: On the classroom door prior to entry.
- Present Your Vaccination Certificate: Show your proof of vaccination to your Trainer.
- Class Attendance: Your trainer will also mark your attendance during class.
- Classroom Sizes: Danford College has a detailed COVID SAFE Plan in place and enforces strict protocols for social distancing, cleaning and sanitation, the wearing of masks and hand sanitation.
STUDYING IN THE CAMPUS
- Mask Wearing: Whilst it is It is mandatory to wear a face mask whilst travelling on public transport, it is not necessary to wear a face mask whilst in the College.
- Hand Sanitation: Sanitising hand gels have been placed at Reception and in each classroom. It is necessary that you sanitise your hands upon entering and leaving the classroom and the College and clean and sanitise your hands thoroughly before and after eating, and after blowing your nose, using the toilet, coughing etc. Please observe strict personal hygiene measures to keep everyone safe.
- Student Lounge Areas: Once your class is finished, please arrange to go home. Please do not congregate in the student kitchen or lounge areas due to social distancing measures and to minimise contamination.
- Student Support Services: A team of student support officers are available to all students to assist with queries. You can make an appointment at the Reception Desk.
- Counselling Services: The registered counsellor is available for appointments should you require assistance. Please make a booking at the reception desk.