Course Components – The Program consists of four (4) components:
- Component 1. Orientation
- Component 2. Class Modules
- Component 3. Internship Placement & ACS PE Online*
- Component 4. Graduation
*Students are also required to complete six (6) Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours by attending ACS-approved events.
- Check here the PY Program structure
Component 1: Orientation
Danford College Orientation – Approx. 2 hours
- Overview of the Professional Year Program, timelines, objectives/outcomes and expectations
- Explanation of the mentoring/coaching to be provided
- Overview of the work placement logistics, legalities, roles & responsibilities, etc.
- Attendance and participation requirements
- Overview of the recruitment scene in Australia
ACS PY Program Online Orientation – 1 Week (Between weeks 1 to 7)
All PY students will receive a one-year ACS membership automatically when they enroll for the PY Program at Danford College. This membership will allow you to be registered to The ACS PY Online Orientation, which will provide information on course outcomes and expectations to complete the Program successfully and how to complete six (6) Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours and Internship placement.
Component 2: Class Modules
Students will complete 8 Module components for the duration of 32 weeks or 256 hours.
Component 3: Internship Placement & ACS PE Online
- Students are to complete a mandatory Internship (12 weeks) minimum of 220 hours unbroken internship at a host organisation. The Internship placement must be completed in a Host Organisation and must align with an ICT related ANZCO occupational code.
- Danford College aims to provide workplace-related experience to enhance career and employability skills through quality Internships. A representative will meet with you to better understand your career goals and may assist in helping find your dream Internship from a selection of quality Australian Host Companies.
- Once students completed their coursework part of their PY program (32 weeks) with 100% attendance recorded then they will undertake the ACS PE Online course whist engaging in their internship phase of PY program
Component 4: Graduation
- Students will be eligible to receive their Certificate once they have completed the Program including all assessment tasks in all modules and the satisfactory completion of their Internship and ACS PE online.